Don't dream, when you can't make it real. They're only fictions anyway - Moddi, A Sense of Grey

Dance, when you're broken open. Dance, if you've torn the bandage off. Dance, in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance, when you're perfectly free - Rumi

Oct 17, 2011

DMCs

Last Sunday was an interesting day. It started of as most Sundays have been for the past two months. I woke up crying, but then again what woman doesn't? We just have different days of the week for them. 
So anyway, I woke up crying, wallowing in self pity over how my life sucks and shit isn't going my way and I never, ever get what I want and no man will ever love me and I'll never have what Brad and Angelina have (money, power, money).











After a more severe break down than usual owing to the recent break up, I dressed as only a recently broken up girl should be, unwashed jeans from the laundry and an old shirt, hair not brushed and makeup-less face. 
My friend, Asim, picked me up and lo and behold. He actually got off the car when I walked out. If there's anything we need to learn from the Brits, its how to treat a woman. He was opening doors and waiting for me to walk in first everywhere we went. I felt like a princess.
I was actually expecting a very low key day. No serious talks, no meaning of life discussions. I've been having those with myself a lot lately. Besides, everyone knows the meaning of life is 42. Or, as an anonymous friend likes to say, 69. 
However, the stove didn't work as is the way of life in third world countries. You're hungry and you can either afford the food or the gas. As a nation, we take Dorothy Parker's quote very much to hear. "Take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves."
Gas Be Damned
 So what else was there, but to heat up some leftover pizza and talk about the meaning of life or as Asim calls them, Deep Meaningful Conversations. Its that kind of a house you know, with bay windows and balconies looking out to the ocean. How can one talk about anything except life issues. It will also be a very good place to have a party and get down and dirty.
I can't really mention what discussion took place. I believe that would be an invasion of privacy and even though we, as a nation, don't understand the concept of privacy I think I should keep my mouth shut. I guess I should be grateful. Not only did I get free chicken and pasta (how can I not appreciate free food) I also got a lot of perspective on things as a whole. 
a) Life sucks for everyone, even for those delusional people who think it doesn't
b) Things could be worse. I could have been married to a crack head. 
c) Even break up me is pretty damn good looking
Never Looked Better
d) Always check your stove before inviting people over for lunch
e) When you move into a new house, always buy a dustpan when you're going to have clumsy people over for lunch. 
f) Nothing is more beautiful and peaceful than a sun setting over the beach. 
g) Everyone, even the people you think who have it all figured out, have broken hearts and crushed dreams and we are all just looking for a way out.
h) People sometimes do the right things and bust their asses for all the wrong damn reasons.

I just stopped for half an hour to have some rice and daal (lentil soup) and have totally lost focus now. So I'm going to call it a day. 
For all the women out there, don't put all your eggs in one bastard.
For all you men, what's it matter. You're probably thinking of Uncle jack anyway. 




2 comments:

  1. Ahahaha sounds like a great Sunday to me. Your friend is right.. everybody's miserable.

    And couldn't stop laughing at "all your eggs in one bastard" hahaha good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quotes is by Dorothy Parker! She is quite hilarious. You should check out her works.

    ReplyDelete