Don't dream, when you can't make it real. They're only fictions anyway - Moddi, A Sense of Grey

Dance, when you're broken open. Dance, if you've torn the bandage off. Dance, in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance, when you're perfectly free - Rumi

Nov 7, 2011

Getting There

I must say, Emirates is brilliant. From the moment you enter the aircraft to when you exit, its eye candy galore. Go ahead, judge me all you want. I don't know much about the stewardesses, but the stewards? Oh man! Even if my Dubai trip sucks, that flight might have been worth it. Those pretty boys waiting on us hand and foot? I ordered the horrible tea just so I could stare at them for an extra ten seconds. Kudos Emirates!
Those of you who have been to Dubai know that the airport is massive. After landing, the plane seemed to taxi forever to the apron area. Yes, that's a new thing I learned. The apron area is basically the ramp which connects to the aircraft and it leads you to the airport itself. And then we walked for a good ten minutes to get to the eye scan and immigration. Its a good thing dad told me to get the eye scan first.Otherwise we'd be stuck in the damn immigration line and then go all the way back to get the eye scan. Yay to dad!
The best part of course was the really cute Arab guy at the immigration counter who kept flirting with me, telling me to smile as he took my picture, asking "you are shy? Then why you not smile?' Sigh! To be considered pretty across international borders. What a mood lifter that was!
And to top it off, my uncle and aunt whom we're staying with are the coolest, most amazing, fun loving people ever! The first thing they said to us when we got in the car: "We want you girls to party hard!" What more did we want anyway?
Their house is quite beautiful and we've got a room with a pool view. It really is mind boggling, what these Arabs have done. This was nothing but sand. Now there are high rises and seven star hotels and miles of highways and massive malls. I stood in the veranda for a bit before going to bed, letting it all sink in. And the view is very symbolic to what all of Dubai is; you look down and you see a pool surrounded by this really pretty garden and across the wall is just sand; not a sign of anything growing there. And yet, they exist together; in perfect harmony with each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment